Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stamps, stamps, and more stamps.

We are currently in the stationary stage of this whole wedding process and while my wonderful friend and bridesmaid, Leslie, is designing my save the dates and invitations, I am working to figure out the details like postage, envelopes, and address labels.

Of course, I do not want to take the time to address a million invitations and write our return address on all of them. SO I have been researching alternative methods for getting this stationary put together....

#1- Hire a calligrapher.
While this would be nice and make the invitations look great, paying a calligrapher to write for us is just not in the budget. Strike out this option.

#2- Order invitations that have address printed on them.
Like I said, Leslie is designing the invitations so I don't think this is an option. Plus, it would probably be a lot of work and more money to pay someone to print them. Strike two.

#3- Print addresses on labels.
Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner. Right now, we have already printed out the addresses on the labels for the save the dates and all we have to do is stick them on the envelope once we get them stuffed and ready to go.

#4- Buy a return address stamp.
SO FUN! I was really excited when I came across this online and when I found out that personalized stamps are affordable. Here are a bunch of options I found on Etsy. These are all designs by lovetocreatestamps












































































I really wanted to get the first circular option with the Last Name in the middle but as my mom pointed out, we are not the Bessingers yet. Sad day. BUT once we say I do, I will be placing an order for a "Bessinger" stamp :)

Since we couldn't get a stamp that had a last name on it, I settled for the one below. This picture was taken with my new i-phone BTW... LOVE IT!

















Something else I really wanted but again, it was out of our budget, was the return address embosser. How cool is this?!? Another problem with the embosser is that technically the wedding invitations would be coming from my parents so it would need to be their address on the embosser. Maybe someday, I will buy an embosser just to have it....

1 comment:

  1. Stationery is really a small thing, but it unconsciously sets the tone for your whole wedding. I swear picking out the postage stamps was one of my favorite things. I doubt anybody really even remembers them, but they were awesome. PS... WHERE can I get an embosser? We neeeeeed one. Maybe we'd actually send out Christmas cards if we had one of those!

    ReplyDelete